TAX ATTORNEYS ONLINE
HELPING YOU FIND TAX LAWYER NEAR YOU
TAX LAWYERS BY STATE
Finding The Best Tax Attorney
For everyday people in society, navigating through tax laws is not an easy thing to do.
Whether you think about filing or other complex tax related laws, you may not be in a position to make the best decisions at all times. Besides there are varying levels of intricate tax legalities and challenges that often threaten our welfare as individuals, families, non-profits, business corporations and even religious organizations. These are some of the reasons why you’ll need a tax attorney from one context to another. Probably, you have a question just like the one below.
What does a tax attorney do?
First, this is a trained lawyer that is qualified and licensed to handle all legal issues relating to tax in different contexts. In reality, trained tax attorneys are different from certified public accountants (CPA). Depending on your peculiar needs, here are some of the things that a tax attorney can do for you –
- Incorporation Advisory Services – while it is possible to form or incorporate a new company in many countries without a lawyer, an experienced attorney could be helpful in so many ways. For example, they will be able to advise you on the best tax structures that are best suited for your needs and peculiar situations. In most cases, it is not just about the formation that matters, but the tax responsibilities you may not be able to handle properly on your own
- Representation In Tax Fraud Related Cases – both at the personal and organizational level, there are different types of tax frauds that arise from time to time. For example, there is a form of telephone scam in which criminals call and represent themselves at IRS staff or agent. And sometimes, it starts with identity theft. Other examples include return preparer fraud, impersonation, misuse of trust, tax evasion and many more. Whenever, you are involved in any of these things, don’t hesitate to engage and experienced tax attorney.
- Respond To IRS Collection And Audit Notices – it may sound simple, but it is not everyone that knows exactly how to respond when the Feds come calling. If you owe them some money, better get an expert. One good reason is this. These people are humans too. And they can make mistakes and mispresent numbers that will cost you an unnecessary amount of money. Whenever you get such notices, consider engaging an expert to save you time and money.
- Make Sense of Confusing IRS Documents – let’s face there are over IRS forms and publications you may have to deal with on individual or collective basis. And if you are not an expert, the jargons will certainly confuse you. Unfortunately, when confusion sets in, it could lead to preventable delay and penalties. Here is one of the things an experienced tax attorney can do to help you prevent loss of both cash and freedom – because you could go to jail if you fail in some liabilities.
- Taxable Estate Planning – without proper planning a great percentage of proceeds from your estate could be going to taxes when you die. And by that time, you won’t be around to help handle things for your family. In this scenario, a tax attorney will help to simplify things for you and your heirs. This will also make it possible to prevent wasteful conflicts that could ensure after your demise.
- Navigate International Tax Laws – there are times when your business activities may start expanding into other countries. Depending on the nature of your business, it is very important at such times to navigate through the tax laws in multiple countries other than your country of origin. In order to prevent fatal mistakes and ensure smooth operation, getting the services of a tax attorney will make a lot of difference. This is something you don’t have to leave to chance.
Different Areas of Practice
There are different areas of practices in which most tax attorneys operate. When you are ready to hire an expert in this area, you should look deeper into their profiles. At that point you’ll be able to see that each of these firms and experts have more experiences and track record in one area more than all others. This is something you should understand really well.
Corporate Tax Attorney
When it comes to corporate laws and relationships, a lot of complexities can unfold as you begin to dive deeper. Here we are talking about relationships between corporations, individuals, families, non-profits and even governments. The other areas that belong to this area include trademarks, patents, copyrights, mergers and acquisitions. Main point is that there are laws that guide corporate dealings in these areas. Judging by how complex things can get most times, you’ll certainly need a tax attorney.
Employment Tax Attorney
Employment tax law revolves around the relationship between employers and their employees. Within this context, there are different tax related conflicts that often arise from time to time. For example, unlawful or unauthorized deductions from employee salary could create fierce conflicts. Do not let this happen to you. Besides, there are many other issues that could arise between a company and the government. On the other hand, there are laws that govern relationships and operations of independent tradesmen and every other entity.
Real Estate Tax Attorney
Everyone knows that real estate is one big area where there are many good and bad tax practices. If you think about tax fraud within this space, you’ll also find some good examples. If by any means you are involved in this industry, you’ll always want maximum protection of your rights, interests and properties. On a practical level, a lawyer that is specialized in employment related tax laws is likely to have less experience in real estate tax. So endeavor to compare the differences when you are looking for a tax lawyer to handle your issues.
Personal Income Tax Attorney
Do you need a little help with your personal income related issues? Well, if yes you won’t get the best experience or outcomes from a law firm too focused on corporate clients. Chances are that they won’t consult with you in the first place. However, generalist law firms are very likely to have experts dedicated to individual clients with personal incomes related issues.
Federal Tax Attorney
In most countries of the world, there are taxes that are due to the federal government. And then within that context, there are some variations that exist. For example, in the US there are seven federal tax brackets. This is ranged in percentage between 10% – 37%. This also defines the taxable amount in each bracket. The thing is that if you or your company is liable for paying federal income tax, there are times when one two negligible things could results in a conflict. That’s when you’ll need a tax attorney.
State And Local Tax Attorney
With regard to those taxes that are to each state, there are laws that govern the rates, liabilities and payment processes. Based on this fact, there are attorneys that operate mostly within selected states. In most cases, if you have any issues related to corporate, employment, estate or other taxes, these are the experts you go to. Legal experts in this area also work as local tax attorney within some districts and counties in United States.
IRS Tax Attorney
If your issues are directly related to dealing or filings within the internal revenue service (IRS), there are experienced experts to help in this regard as well. For example, there are veteran lawyers that have worked directly as counsel and legal staff of the service. Getting in touch will help a lot as they often have both experience and internal contacts to push your case faster than many other lawyers.
In practical terms, these people understand the liabilities, penalties, payment processes and loopholes more than their counterparts.
Tax Attorney Los Angeles
Like in many other cities within California, there are many tax attorneys in Los Angeles. The first thing to note is whether you are looking for personal income, real estate or corporate tax attorney in LA, California. Then make a short list and dig a bit deeper into the profiles of the ones you find. This will give you the basis to make comparison regarding the factors that matter most to you.
Tax Attorney Near Me
The interesting thing here is that the words that people use they are searching for something in Google determines the results they will see. And these search terms often define the searcher’s intent. So when someone is intentionally searching for tax attorney near me, they want to find the nearest firms within reach. Obviously, proximity is the first and foremost priority.
Fortunately, the use of mobile smartphone GPS and maps technology makes discovery of nearest (near me) service providers very easy. This same thing applies to other niche markets and search terms, not just for tax attorney near me. And then when the results appear, getting in contact with the lawyer of service provider is just a phone call away.